Sunday, November 14, 2010

The end and the beginning

Time and Tide wait for no man.

13 weeks have whoosed past since the "survivor" activity. It was the most impressive first class I have ever had in NUS.Most modules would have require tremendous effort from my part just to attend but ES2007S made me coming back for more. Why does it draws me that much? For every lesson, there was always something new to learn and definitely something I can apply in life.

Starting from the importance of communication, resolving a conflict, writing using the 7Cs in resume and cover letter, performing at an interview, working on a proposal and being able to present in front of an audience. I can even vividly remember the lessons and the activites from the very first class we had. I believe the skills from this module will be latched onto me for life.

ES2007S is also the only class I have attended with peers coming from different countries and to be able to interact with every one of them through the activites or group work was refreshing. I had the opportunity to work with Annika and Linh where they have shared about their culture and ways of life. It was a breeze to work with them even though we have different background and I have learnt to curb my usage of local abbrevations as much as possible.

I'm sure all of us can never forget the HUGE workload we have to deal with and the sleepless nights endured.
At times, the workload is like a stone tied to my feet trying to drown me as I tried my best to swim toward the surface. Looking back now, its amazing how Team ZAS have overcome the poor health, juggling with core modules etc. And it feels great to finally be able to breathe after 8th November 2010. Most certainly, the proposal would not have work without my two super team mates, Adi and Sam! It has been a wonderful experience working with them.

A huge thank you to our tutor, Ms. Lim for making lessons interesting, assisting us throughout the assignments especially in the wee hours and providing constructive feedbacks!

To my classmates in group 3, it has been great to be able to interact with each one of you and I do appreciate the feedback provided. I had enjoyed reading all your blogs even though I have not commented on everyone. I do hope at least some of us continue blogging for I will remain your faithful reader! Hereby, wishing all the best in your studies and career!

With that, 2 words to conclude my reflection on ES2007S: No Regrets.

PS: I felt as if I am advertising ES2007S by blogging our final reflections :):)

7 comments:

  1. Hi Zhing,

    I am glad that we have met in this module. You have always came across to me as a very strong girl. I enjoy reading your blog as it is very personable and I can relate to it a lot. :)

    I agree with you that ES2007S has provided us with a good platform to interact with peers from different countries. Not many modules in NUS incorporates the interaction part. Yet alone the opportunity to be exposed to the many wonderful cultures our class consisted of.

    You have been a wonderful classmate and I am sure we would have clicked very well given the opportunity to work more closely together.

    All the very best in everything you do!:D

    See you around in school!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. We peers had a good time in ES2007S module. You were very enthusiastic in class and friendly too. As u said, working with different nationalities made the class very interesting. It gave us a good chance to know about different cultures thereby enhancing good inter cultural communication.

    I agree with you that the workload for this module was quite heavy but still it gave a challenging life to me this semester which I always like.


    I am happy that I got good friends through this module. We will always be in touch. All the very best for your future.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @gen
    Its been great knowing you and having you as a classmate too :)
    All the best to you and see you around :)

    @Yazhini
    I've gained alot of insights from your blog as well :) Its a hectic yet fulfilling semester and I like how you view the challenging semester with a positive mindset!

    Totally agree with you on the friendships forged in this module...do stay in touch using whatever means (through blogging or facebook etc) :) All the best to you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Zhing,

    Thanks for the group working experience that we have for the past several weeks. It is also an awesome experience to work with you and Sam! We had a bit of bumps due to health. But luckily we have you, the healthiest person among all of us! LOL

    Anyway, I am also glad that you have benefited a lot as well from this module and hopefully it can help you for all of your future endeavors.

    Keep in touch.
    Adi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Zhing,

    I love your use of meaningful phrases in your blog posts, and this is not an exeption. Your first sentence capture me as a reader, and if any of us continue our blogging I sure hope it is you because I will enjoy keep reading it. (actually my friend and I have a blog about how our lives are and what we experience during our stay here in Singapore, to keep our friends and family updated, but it is in danish, so I don't think it will tell you much - unless you are really good friends with google translate, in that case you should definitely read it: singaholics.wordpress.com)

    It has been a pleasure to work with you, I really like that you are always focused and full of good ideas:-) You have given me so many insights into Singaporean culture! Even though our peer teaching rehearsals took a little longer because they alwasy turned into discussions about culturel differences and sharing of tradition, I am really happy that they did so.

    I wish you all the best with everything!

    Best regards,
    Annika

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Zhing,

    First and foremost, you are the best audience a person can have while presenting. You always nod your head with approval and have that constant smile marked across your face which really puts us at ease. At times when I feel like I am rattling off without the approval nor understanding of everyone, I tend to look at you. If you are giving me the usual nod, then I for sure know that I am still making sense. haha :)

    Secondly, your blog posts have been a delight to read. I have been constantly reading your blog posts even though I might not have commented on them often. The particular blog post, regarding interpersonal conflicts is my favorite. As Annika said, I really hope you do continue blogging.

    It has been a pleasure working with you even if it was just for one activity.(where we had to rate those people , the doctor, judge etc..sorry, don't remember the exact name of the game)

    All the best in all your future endeavors. Good luck and take care. :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Zhing,

    It is great to know that you enjoyed our sessions together, and that ES2007S had you 'coming back for more'.

    I shared in the first session that in order to strive to become a more effective communicator, your participation is of utmost importance. I'm glad to know that your active participation in class discussions, together with the amount of work you put in outside of class had contributed to your learning journey - you have truly 'worked' hard in striving to become an effective communicator!

    It's my pleasure having you in class this semester - all the best and keep in touch!

    ReplyDelete